Monday, June 6, 2011

La Li Lu Le Lo Hi Def!
Or, My Weakness For Metal Gear In (almost) All Forms

I just heard (well, read, then watched) a little pre-E3 news from the fine folks at Konami that brightened my morning. Both of the Metal Gear Solid games originally released for the PS2 ("Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty" and my personal favorite, "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater") along with last year's PSP-exclusive, "Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker," will be headed to the PS3 in remastered and re-worked hi-definition glory.

I'm sure more info will be forthcoming from Kojima during the full Konami press conference at E3 (along with more info on "Metal Gear Solid: Rising,"), but here's the very brief announcement video.

Double-dip? Sure. Shameless re-packaging of previously released material in an effort to get people to buy it again? You betcha.

Will I be getting this package as soon as it's available because I am essentially a sucker for Metal Gear Solid? Without question.

By the way, I want to thank the fine folks over at Bitmob.com for making it so easy to keep up with the press events at E3 online.



No comments:

Post a Comment