Is that your bag? Is this your first time riding with us? Have you seen any suspicious behavior recently? Are you familiar with the concept of escalators? Have you jut recently been discharged from a mental institution with a fresh set of clothes and a farecard?
Constant announcents come from disembodied voices over ubiquitous speakers reminding us to be courteous and vigilant, like good propaganda should. Train operators prattle on over in-train PA systems with unintelligible recitations about the proper way to board and de-board, and even how and where to sit or stand. Most recently, I've noticed platform "stewards" shouting at passengers as they get on and off of overcrowded trains stopped at overcrowded stations.
Every opportunity is taken to bombard the cattl... er, "valued customers" with friendly reminders of the best way to ride the Metro.
The result of the constant barrage of chatter? Nothing. At least, nothing that constitutes improvement. People still stand on the left on the escalator, they still sit or stand where they please on a train, they still stop doors when they're closing, and they still try to bum-rush their way onto a train before anybody has the chance to get out.
I might be way off base, but perhaps the "pump the trains and stations so full audio information that it turns into background noise for 90% of the riders and just annoys the other 10% in the process" strategy is due for a little revision?